Tech Liminal, Oakland’s technology hotspot and salon, is a place to learn, collaborate, and co-work. Its commitment to community and family-friendly atmosphere is also evident in the events it holds on evenings and weekends: WordPress support groups, Open Hack Night, and East Bay Minecraft Players and Parents Meetup and its regular hosting of Workshop Weekend events.
This spring, Tech Liminal will also be partnering with Community Bridge Video to organize STEAM Girls, a week-long spring camp for middle school girls interested in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math). The girls will set up a website to document their experience. The event will include a variety of activities:
- HTML & CSS programming for creating their website,
- Wearable electronics – light up clothing or decorations,
- Learning about bugs, bees, and butterflies of the Bay Area,
- Exploration of fractals and making beautiful images, and
- Building and playing with Minecraft
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To register visit: steam-girls-oakland.eventbrite.com. The price is $125/day and the dates are Monday, April 14 through Friday, April 18, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.